Welcome to the Shady Grove School

In 2006, the Shady Grove Restoration Committee, a group of former students, began to restore the school for use as a museum and gathering place. The Restoration Committee has worked diligently to restore the school with the help of the Shady Grove Baptist Church, Project Leader Late Fred Richardson, Gum Spring Methodist Church, Louisa County Historical Society, Shady Grove School Alumni and community volunteers. Committee members worked with the Department of Historic Resources to get the school listed in the National Register of Historic Places (June 2009) and the Virginia Landmarks Register (March 2009).

Various members of the community-at-large have come together to help make the Shady Grove Restoration Project a realization. 





The Shady Grove School Board is actively seeking financial contributions to help complete renovation of the school. Click link for more information on making a contribution or becoming a member.  All contributions are tax deductible under the section 501(c)3 Internal Revenue Service code.

Photo: Shady Grove School - 1925